Description Director Political Affairs UNO Latest Jobs In New York 2022
Director Political Affairs UNO Latest Jobs In New York 2022 This position is located in the Office for Disarmament Affairs. The Director reports to the High Representative and Under-Secretary-General for Disarmament Affairs.
For more information, please visit: http://www.un.org/disarmament/
|Job Details Director Political Affairs UNO Latest Jobs In New York 2022|
|Posting Title||DIRECTOR, POLITICAL AFFAIRS, D2|
|Job Code Title||DIRECTOR, POLITICAL AFFAIRS|
|Department/Office||Office for Disarmament Affairs|
|Duty Station||NEW YORK|
|Posting Period||23 February 2022 – 12 April 2022|
|Job Opening Number||22-Political Affairs-ODA-172965-D-New York (G)|
|Job Alert At Facebook||Join Now|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the formulation of the Office’s overall strategies and policies by participating in various committees, preparing documents on policy issues, and acting, as required, in an advisory capacity to the USG; contributes to the overall executive direction and management of the Office’s activities and operations.
- Provides leadership to the development of innovative and/or change management programmes as well as the implementation of ODA’s Strategic Plan.
- Formulates and implements the substantive work programme of the Office under his/her supervision, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery.
- Oversees the management of activities undertaken by the Office, ensuring that programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion and coordinates work in the different areas both within the Office, and with other departments, organizations or entities of the United Nations System, donors and agencies as appropriate.
- Co-ordinates and oversees the preparation of reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budget Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, the General Assembly and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
- Reports to intergovernmental bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/substantive issues, as appropriate, particularly those presented in annual reports.
- Ensures that the outputs produced by the Office maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data. Ensures that all outputs produced by the Office under his/her supervision meet required standards before completion to ensure they comply with the relevant mandates.
- Undertakes or oversees the programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the Office, including preparation of budgets, assigning and monitoring of performance parameters and critical indicators, reporting on budget/programme performance, preparation of inputs for results-based budgeting, evaluation of staff performance (PAS), interviews of candidates for job openings and evaluation of candidates.
- Oversees the recruitment of staff for Office taking due account geographical and gender parity and other factors related to diversity and inclusion.
- Manages, guides, develops and trains staff under his/her supervision; foster teamwork and communication among staff in the Office and across organizational boundaries.
- Chairs meetings, seminars, etc., on substantive-related issues; represents the Organization at international, regional, inter-agency meetings, seminars and conference; provides programmatic/substantive expertise on an issue, or holds programmatic/substantive and organizational discussions with representatives of other institutions.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the senior management of the Organization.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, law, social sciences, international relations or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.Work Experience
- Over fifteen years of progressively responsible experience at national and international levels in international relations, political affairs and diplomacy, preferably in the field of disarmament and arms control and related international security issues, as well as experience in multilateral negotiations.
- Experience leading teams as well as managing staff and projects is required.
- Management experience with UN system administrative, human resources and budgetary matters is desirable
- For this post fluency in English, (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage
- Evaluations of qualified applications will include a competency-based interview, which may be preceded by an assessment exercise