Description IMF Capacity Development Officer (Instructional Designer) – ICD Jobs 2022
This page belongs to the job of IMF Capacity Development Officer (Instructional Designer) – ICD Jobs 2022 The Institute for Capacity Development (ICD) has an immediate opening for a Capacity Development Officer to support the online learning program of the Fund. The Fund’s online program is aimed at expanding the volume of training to member country officials, while sharing the IMF’s knowledge and expertise with a wider audience through free massive open online courses (MOOCs) and other learning products. The online learning program also aims at enhancing the impact of the Fund’s CD by introducing more flexible online delivery modalities, that can be combined effectively with other CD modalities (technical assistance and classroom training) and make the capacity development more efficient and targeted.
|Job Details IMF Capacity Development Officer (Instructional Designer) – ICD Jobs 2022|
|Hiring Organization||International Monitory Fund|
|Job Title||Capacity Development Officer (Instructional Designer) – ICD|
|Department||ICDIP Institute for Capacity Development Institute Training Program|
|Job Location||Washington DC, USA|
|Education||Advanced University Degree|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Main duties and responsibilities
The Capacity Development Officer, working in ICDIP, collaborates with subject matter experts from across the IMF to design and develop online courses (i.e., Massive Open Online Courses on the edX platform) and other learning products (i.e., microlearning videos and e-learning modules). The selected candidate will:
- Play a leading role in promoting innovation in online learning and ensuring that online learning becomes better integrated with other CD modalities, including in the form of blended learning.
- Support the development and delivery of e-learning products and programs that enhance the quality of instruction and student learning.
- Assist subject matter experts in applying new instructional approaches and technologies.
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of online learning assessment and evaluation systems.
- Lead the development of guidelines, processes, and workflows in learning products development and delivery.
- Guide and coach other instructional designers and learning specialists to ensure quality control in online course development and adherence to established procedures and guidelines.
The selected candidate is expected to help spearhead and reinforce modern, learner-centric instructional design approaches, in both external training (i.e., as part of the IMF Institute Training Program) and internal training (i.e., as part of the Internal Economics Training Program). He/she researches, recommends, and implements new instructional design theories, policies, and procedures, particularly in e-learning. He/she will be expected to contribute to the overall work program of ICDIP.
- Educational development, typically acquired by the completion of an advanced university degree, or equivalent, in instructional design, instructional technology, education, communications, supplemented by a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience, is required. Alternatively, a university degree, or equivalent, and ten years of relevant professional experience are required.
- The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of current and emerging educational technologies, including a minimum of two years of experience with MOOC platforms; demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with subject matter experts; knowledge of best practices in online pedagogy; strong project management skills; knowledge of and experience with educational assessment; and interest in designing and leading workshops and other professional development opportunities for instructors.
- The candidate should possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills; show initiative and acute attention to detail; have the ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks effectively; and be able to work under pressure both autonomously and in a team environment. A track record in innovation would be highly desirable.
- This vacancy shall be filled by a 3-year Term appointment in accordance with the Fund’s new employment rules that took effect on May 1, 2015. This position requires Review Committee/Senior Review Committee Approval.
- A regular staff member who is selected to fill the vacancy will maintain their open-ended status. If the selected candidate is a contractual employee, they will be offered a Term staff appointment. Staff members already on a term appointment will continue their current term but may receive an extension provided that their current term appointment has not already been extended.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are advised to visit IMP CAREER PORTAL to Apply Online OR https://imf.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/IMF