Description Procurement Associate UNOPS Peshawar Jobs 2021
UNOPS Pakistan (Project Office) invites applications and looking for candidates for the positions of Procurement Associate based in Peshawar, KPK.
UNOPS Pakistan (Project Office) is part of the Bangladesh Multi-Country Office in the Asia Region. UNOPS commenced operations in Pakistan in 1999 and significantly up-scaled activities from 2005 onwards to support populations affected by and vulnerable to earthquakes. In 2010, UNOPS opened a permanent office in Islamabad to support the Government of Pakistan and other partners to undertake humanitarian and reconstruction services, following the most devastating flood in the nation’s history.
UNOPS Pakistan has been implementing projects in the areas of early recovery and reconstruction of community infrastructure, project management, monitoring and evaluation, community development, fund management, human resources management, procurement and infrastructure design and implementation.
|Job Title||Procurement Associate|
|Job Location||Peshawar, KPK|
|Education||Completion of secondary school is required | First University Degree|
|Experience||06 – years in relevant field|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Alert WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Objectives & Goals
- The WASH KP and Sindh project
Funded by USAID, the project “Improved Access to Water and Sanitation Services in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh” was initiated in September 2021. The project aims at improving access to clean and safe water, hygiene and sanitation and increasing the resilience of communities affected by floods in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces. It is expected to last 5 years, until December 2026. The project is articulated around three main components:
- Improving the quality and accessibility of water supply services and increasing public access to toilets (Infrastructure);
- Provide effective, gender-responsive and transparent WASH services through improved government and community capacity (Capacity Building);
- Reduce water-borne diseases and improve community capacity through improved community and household hygiene practices (Behavioral change).
- The project will begin with a participatory assessment phase in collaboration with all its stakeholders with the aim of identifying priorities and clarifying specific outcomes under each of the three project components.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Support Services Procurement Officer, and in close collaboration with the project team, the Procurement Associate ensures the provision of efficient and timely services in procurement and contract management to the project team. S/he promotes a client-focused, quality-oriented and results-oriented approach. In the discharge of her/his duties, the Procurement Associate works with minimal supervision and liaises with the Country Office Support Services, the Project Management Support Officers, the Team Leaders (the lead Water Engineer, the Capacity Building Senior Officer and the Community Engagement Senior Officer), the WASH Specialist, and the Project Manager and her/his Deputy in order to ensure the best support to the project team.
The Procurement Associate main functions include
- Procurement support services
- Procurement planning, applications and availability
- Bidding procedures and tenders
- Contract management
- Human resource management
- Knowledge building and information sharing
Transactional procurement support activities
- Manage a series of procurement support activities, to ensure compliance with UNOPS policies, laws, regulations and strategies, including the following:
- Provide market data to provide general market research for resource sources, using the United Nations Global Market Place (UNGM) and other external sources;
- Set up and maintain a local providers’ website, ensuring regular data updates;
- Collect complete documents for the preparation/processing of Purchase Orders (POs), Contracts, Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) or amendments thereto;
- Maintain/update all project files and records of project purchases, ensuring the availability of all supporting documents for inspection and review purposes;
- Include the necessary steps to embed stability in procurement systems;
- Prepare complete submissions to the Contract Committees (CPCs);
- Generate status reports on request.
Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
- Support project team planning, procurement/procurement and assistance processes, both administrative and technical, including the following:
- Prepare a procurement plan for the project;
- Advice on best practices for the provision of goods, services and services based on timely purchases;
- Provide full details of equipment and construction materials, job profiles and job statements as part of RFPs, RFQs and ITBs, to ensure the approval/approval of certain technicians;
- Prepare/update and submit applications;
- Monitor progress and liaise with suppliers/exporters until delivery of goods/services;
- Contact a colleague who is requesting goods, services or services, and obtain a delivery/completion report, receipt and inspection report (RIR) or any other appropriate certificate for the delivery of goods, services or services and for a list of goods/supplies to be made;
- Investigate and resolve post-order issues;
- Draft letters, memoranda, faxes, emails, etc. related to procurement matters;
- Monitor procurement processes and provide feedback on Purchase Orders (POs);
- Answer questions from project team members, vendors, etc. on procurement matters;
- Prepare monthly reports on purchasing issues.
Bidding and tendering processes
- Conduct / direct bidding processes and tenders, including the following:
- Prepare shortlists of eligible contractors/suppliers;
- By working closely with PM / DPM, WASH specialists and Team Leaders, prepare and issue Interested Inquiries (EOIs), Quotation Requests (RFQs), Bidding Invitations (ITBs), Proposal Requests (RFPs) or other tenders. documents as required, confirming compliance with authorized UNOPS standards, or seeking IPAS Legal approval in the event of necessary changes;
- Submit tender documents to IPAS Procurement for review and modification if necessary, in consultation with the project team and PM / DPM, until agreed upon;
- Working closely with PM / DPM, WASH Specialists and Team Leaders, participate in reviews and bids or suggestions received and prepare evaluation reports;
- Prepare applications for awarding contracts of the Local or Central Contracting Committee (LCPC or HQCPC), with technical assistance from Team Leaders;
- Obtain approval from IPAS Procurement for those LCPC / HQCPC applications;
- Answer the LCPC and HQCPC questions until the award decision is made.
- Support good contract management, which includes the following:
- Distribute contract prizes;
- Under the direction of PM / DPM and Procurement Support Services, draft contracts based on UNOPS templates;
- Obtaining approval from IPAS Procurement of contractual assets;
- Tracking the signing of contracts by sellers;
- Tracking the delivery of all bank guarantees and insurance required by merchants;
- Review interim payment certificates (IPCs) to contractors;
- Under the direction of PM / DPM and Procurement Support Services, apply for delay delays and other financial penalties for contractors as per the UNOPS Procurement Manual and contract documents;
- Draft contract notices to contractors (under the supervision and in close collaboration with PM / DPM and IPAS PMI for high-value contracts);
- Draft variation orders (VOs) and contract amendments in collaboration with Team Leaders (under the supervision and in close collaboration with PM / DPM and IPAS PMI for high-value contracts);
- Prepare VO applications and contract amendments (under the supervision and in close collaboration with PM / DPM and IPAS PMI for high value contracts);
- Obtaining approval from IPAS Procurement for those VOs and contract amendments;
- Submit VO prize applications and contract amendments to LCPC / HQCPC if required by financial limit;
- Obtain approval from IPAS Procurement for those LCPC / HQCPC applications;
- Under PM / DPM guidance and direction, list take-off certificates (TOCs) for construction contracts;
- Under the direction of the DNP Manager, write the final certificates for accepting construction contracts;
- Maintain records/lists of best suppliers, contractors and service providers;
- Keep organized records of all contract documents in accordance with UNOPS policies, project implementation and naming agreements.
- Facilitate participation and provision of quality outcomes and services for well-supervised staff through effective planning, performance management, training, and promotion of learning and development;
- Provide oversight, to ensure compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement and contract management matters;
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and disseminate best practices in procurement.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree
- Six (6) years of relevant experience in providing procurement support services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations.
- Supervisory experience of personnel in procurement support services is desirable.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is required.
- Full professional knowledge of English is essential.
- Fluency in Urdu and one or more Pakistan regional languages (in particular Pashto or Sindhi) is an advantage.