Description UNDP Jobs In Pakistan 2021-22
UNDP strengthening Rule of Law for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies in Pakistan (Amn-o-Insaf) Programme has been supporting the rule of law, justice and security institutions in Pakistan. The Programme is funded by the European Union, INL, USAID and the Government of Japan. To lead on the capacity building component of the Amn-o-Insaf (AOI) Programme in Pakistan, UNDP intends to engage a Project Officer Training. The Project Officer Training will be based in Islamabad with frequent travel to the project areas, particularly Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), Newly Merged Districts (NMDs), Balochistan, Gilgit Baltistan (GB), and Islamabad to implement AOI training and capacity building activities.AOI activities and interventions are aligned with the government strategies and commitment to update and implement the rule of law roadmaps and connect to policies and legislative strategies and institutional developments. The three main objectives and interventions therein are not stand-alone objectives but are closely interlinked linked and intended to support each other to ensure sustainable and tangible results both for the Programme beneficiaries. To ensure a sustainable and holistic approach, the interventions under the three strategic objectives to support reform processes to ensure delivery of people-centred justice, enhance access to justice for all, particularly women and less privileged groups and improve service delivery of the security sector in line with constitutional safeguards and international standards will be closely interlinked.
- Donors’ Coordination and Reporting Officer
|Job Title||Donors’ Coordination and Reporting Officer|
|Job Location||Islamabad, Pakistan|
|Education||Masters In Relevant Subjects|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Alert WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Duties & Responsibilities
Donors’ Coordination and Reporting Officer will be responsible for overall coordination with the UNDP-AOI donors. He/she will maintain a schedule of reporting deadlines and will provide technical assistance in organizing UNDP-AOI meetings with the donors and UN Agencies under UNDP-AOI and UN Agencies joint projects. He/she will also maintain close liaison with the UNDP and AOI teams on donors’ reporting and meetings. He/she will prepare concept notes, agendas, a list of participants, and logistical arrangements for such meetings, as a focal person of UNDP-AOI. He/she will send reminders to the UNDP-AOI team on approaching deadlines and will ensure deadlines are met. Under the overall supervision of the AOI Programme Manager, the Coordination Officer and Reporting Expert will report to Senior Law Enforcement and Justice Reforms Expert, AOI. She/he will closely work with the AOI and UNDP teams in provinces, regions, and UNDP projects.
Specific responsibilities would cover the following:
- Maintain close cooperation with UNDP-AOI donors including EU, USAID, INL, Japan, etc .;
- Keep a record of donor reporting deadlines;
- Provide technical assistance in arranging meetings with donors and UN Agencies;
- Maintain close contacts with UNDP and AOI groups regarding sponsor reporting and meetings
- Prepare ideas, agenda, participant lists, and schedule meetings/discussions;
- Send reminders to the UNDP-AOI team about the approaching deadlines and UN partner agencies regarding the approaching deadlines and meetings;
- Ensuring that deadlines agreed with sponsors and UN Agencies are met;
- Write notes and minutes of meetings, share with participants for review and approval;
- Keep a record of minutes of meetings, reports, and other records and related documents;
- Collaborate with relevant UNDP Units / Categories and AOI team to collect relevant data/information
- documents of donors and organizations working with the UN;
- Prepare sponsor reports and sharing for review by AOI Program Manager, relevant sector specialist, Democracy Unit
- Masters degree or equivalent in management, development studies, law, human rights, or a related area.
- Two years of professional experience in coordination and reporting. Experience of rule of law, access to justice sectors will be preferred.
- Extensive experience in donors coordination and reporting requirements;
- Experience of working and understanding of rule of law, security, and justice sector
Skills & Expertise
- Excellent report writing and analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a sensitive area/conflict will be beneficial
- UNDP information, UN program, donor policies, procedures
- Excellent team player with the ability to perform under challenging conditions
- Proficiency in English and Urdu.
- Knowledge of local languages will be an advantage.