|Job Title||Communications Associate|
|Job Location||Peshawar, KPK|
|Experience||02 -to- 03 Years|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|How To Apply||Apply Online|
|Job Alert WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Description UNHCR Jobs In Peshawar 2022
UNHCR Jobs In Peshawar 2022 recently announced vacancies and looking for candidates for the positions of Communications Associate based In Peshawar, KPK, Pakistan. The Communications Associate is normally supervised by a Communication Officer or other position as decided by the senior management in the area of responsibility. The supervisor provides the incumbent with regular guidance. The incumbent works quite independently on regular assignments with oversight from the supervisor. S/he keeps frequent contacts with staff at various levels in the office and occasionally with staff at the same level in other duty stations and/or Headquarters; with media, local suppliers, NGO, implementing partners, embassies and UN agencies.
The Communications Associates, depending on the organizational structure and location, may also be required to provide support in executing a range of communications activities in the fields of news and media relations, multimedia content production, social media engagement, video production, Goodwill Ambassadors and other influencers, public outreach and campaigns, fundraising, analytics and brand. The incumbents may also be required to help strengthen coordination and editorial planning in the area of responsibility, support advocacy, awareness-raising and digital fundraising efforts as well as strengthen analytics to inform the social media strategies and work plans.
Taking into account the growing operational demands and high standard performance requirements of the Sub-Office Peshawar, the Communications Associate will be required to demonstrate a high level of motivation, professionalism and commitment to humanitarian work; support the operational needs by performing the below duties and working both internally as well as externally with a wide range of stakeholders, including local authorities, sister agencies, donors and other humanitarian and development actors. Pashto, Dari and/or Farsi language skills are important assets to the operation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the implementation of international communication strategies, situations and special projects within the area of responsibility; to assist in identifying priorities for targeted audiences and audiences in order to meet the UNHCR’s global, regional and national communication goals of accounting, generating empathy and promoting the actions of people who are forcibly removed and uninhabited.
- Monitor popular news and trends to incorporate UNHCR messages into ongoing discussions; identify important moments of busy communication.
- Help build strategic relationships with individuals and organizations that can help generate and promote UNHCR content, activities and messages and provide research information to improve communication; to promote the work of participating businesses and community structures.
- Support the development of media-driven content and authorization to lead the issue of forced evictions and highlight the impact of UNHCR (e.g. interviews, press releases, prominent reports, speeches), create emotional stories to generate empathy (e.g. news, mixed-media content) and coordinate action. by writing strong measures that people can take to help refugees (eg digital diplomacy, action-driven campaigns, fundraising).
- Please ensure that the content created has a significant impact by supporting the development of distribution strategies from the outset, increasing the visibility of the content on the appropriate UNHCR channels and placing them on external channels.
- Help monitor the implementation of communication projects and adjust accordingly.
- Assist with the research, preparation, editing and production of professional media and communications media for the target audience and ensure their dissemination through the use of UNHCR communication channels, ensuring the highest standards.
- Continue to maintain and improve communication skills, stay informed of emerging platforms and tools, and systematically review the effects of media impact and other measurement tools for learning purposes.
- You may be required to assist in the implementation of campaigns, events and other programs that support UNHCR’s strategic objectives, including its need for a leading voice on refugees and related issues.
- You may need to make assignments and wild trips with the media and other official guests to support the UNHCR and its mission.
- Perform other related activities as needed.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- 3 years relevant experience with
- 2 years relevant work experience
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Journalism, Social Sciences, Humanities or related fields
Relevant Job Experience
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office applications. Excellent drafting skills.
- Experience implementing communications strategies. Professional writing and editing skills. Experience working on advocacy campaigns.