Applications are invited to UNICEF Communication Officer Media Polio Jobs In Karachi 2022. In order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and assist children in realising their rights under the Convention on the Rights of Children, UNICEF supports the Government of Pakistan in accelerating progress for children. Strong partnerships with provincial authorities, educators and health professionals, frontline workers and social mobilizers, communities and families, and of course the kids and teenagers themselves will be one way to achieve this.
The Communication Officer (Temporary Appointment) will work closely with the government, WHO, and other GPEI counterparts to implement, monitor, and evaluate media and advocacy strategies to promote polio vaccination into the public. They will do so under the general supervision of the Health Specialist Fixed Term (the Provincial Team lead of the Polio Programme), and under the technical direction of the Communication Specialist (Media) based in Islamabad. In order to eradicate polio in Pakistan, s/he will support the polio campaign’s efforts to reduce the number of missed children.
|Details For UNICEF Communication Officer Media Polio Jobs In Karachi 2022|
|Hiring Organization||UNICEF Pakistan|
|Job Title||Communication Officer Media (Polio), NOB|
|Job Location||Karachi | Sindh|
|Join For Jobs Alert||Join Facebook Page |
Duties & Accountabilities
Key End-Results Expected
1. Within the delegated authority and the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties and end results.
- Media strategy implementation in accordance with the Polio Programme’s work schedule after the National Eradication Action Plan
- Help with the writing and editing of press releases, human interest stories, articles, and other advocacy and informational pieces for print and online media as necessary.
- Watch over the quality components of production, such as quality control, translations, evaluations of layout and graphic design, etc., to ensure that advocacy and communication materials are produced in accordance with the Communication Toolkit’s requirements.
- Create talking points, press releases, and other materials using publications, newspaper clippings, pictures, videos, web resources, etc.
- Use the right information and communication tools for media, advocacy, and other communication-related activities; suggest the suitability, excellence, and distribution of written and visual materials.
- Developed networks, relationships, resources, and procedures to assist in communication activities.
- Organize and direct the Provincial Media Task Team..
2. Media management and partnerships
- Effective and timely professional assistance and support are provided in developing, drafting and maintaining contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web etc. – in the country, to communicate the story of Polio programme to a wider audience.
- Maintain and update media relations contact list/database. Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media.
- Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials in all media formats, as appropriate.
- Prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefing and visits of media and other special interest groups. Assist in the planning, logistic and administrative arrangements for international and high profile visits.
- Provide support for organising international media team visits, produce content (story, photo essay) for global and well as donor reports.
- Develop content and regularly feed the provincial social media page of the PEI programme and provide content for centrally managed social media platforms.
- Assist in collaborating with the media through activities such as organizing project site visits, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate.
- Provide support to implement partnerships and advocacy initiatives to promote Polio eradication.
3. Crisis Communication Management
Regular monitoring of media including social media and maintain two-way communication with the focal points working at the lowest tier of the organisation.
- Manage crisis communication following the SoPs.
- Periodic review of SoPs and update as per need of the programme.
- Maintain liaison with the federal Media focal point, consult and update as and when any event takes place.
- Provide periodic orientation to the focal points working at different levels for managing crisis communication.
4. Monitoring and evaluation
Regular monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country communication efforts. Ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
- Contribute to developing an advocacy and communication strategy by coordinating appropriate audience research and compiling and analysing relevant data.
- Monitor and evaluate the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences, and participate in the evaluation of their impact. Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials. Maintain a library of coverage (clippings, coverage etc.)
- Ensure good quality data collection, analysis and evaluation and reporting to ensure effective communication strategies, planning and effective and efficient advocacy.
- Undertake lessons learned and review of successful and unsuccessful communication experiences as directed by supervisor.
- An Advanced University degree (Master’s or above) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- A first University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum two years practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Field work experience background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required. Knowledge of other local language is an asset.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Verified educational certificates/ HEC Attested Degrees are a pre-requisite for employment at UNICEF. During the recruitment process candidates will be required to present HEC attested degrees/certificates.
- UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates will be prioritized.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online via the link mentioned below;
UNICEF Communication Officer Media Polio Jobs In Karachi 2022 UNICEF Communication Officer Media Polio Jobs In Karachi 2022 UNICEF Communication Officer Media Polio Jobs In Karachi 2022 UNICEF Communication Officer Media Polio Jobs In Karachi 2022 UNICEF Communication Officer Media Polio Jobs In Karachi 2022 UNICEF Communication Officer Media Polio Jobs In Karachi 2022