On this page, we provide information regarding UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 and looking for candidates to fill the vacant position of Health Manager (MNCAH/HIV and HSS), P4, FT, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo.
For health sector-specific direction, the Health Manager (MNCAH/HIV and HSS) reports to the Chief of Health. The Manager assists the Chief in the management of the MNCAH/HIV and HSS unit, as well as leading knowledge management/innovation and developing/preparing programs/projects in the field related to maternity, newborn, child, and adolescent health, including PMTCT/HIV/AIDS prevention and care. The Manager provides authoritative technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes in order to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results for MNCAH/HIV and HSS programs/projects in accordance with plan allocation, results-based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), and UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, performance standards, and accountability framework.
The HIV/AIDS and Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health (MNCAH) Program aims to improve the quality of maternal and newborn care, eliminate HIV transmission from mother to child, and ensure that adolescent girls have the capacity and skills to manage their sexual reproductive health and HIV issues, including securing access to GBV care. The health manager will lead and coordinate UNICEF’s support and delivery of an integrated effort to achieve HIV-free and healthy newborns, ensuring that all pregnant and breastfeeding women, particularly adolescent mothers, are able to access and/or continue prenatal, delivery, and post-natal care, and that appropriate treatment, care, and support are available for all women living with HIV, their children, and partners, using a Health Systems Strengthening approach. This will only be feasible if worked out through an integrated approach with nutrition, WASH, protection, gender and PSEA sections to ensure that the rights of women and children are all fulfilled and services provided with quality.
|Details Of UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022|
|Job Location||Kinshasa | Democratic Republic of Congo|
|Join For Jobs Alert||Join Page |
|How To Apply||Apply Online|
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Managerial Leadership
- Lead and manage the MNCAH/HIV/AIDS and HSS component of the section’s annual work plan with the MNCAH/HIV/AIDS and HSS team and set priorities and targets, and ensure that they are aligned with other key sections (nutrition, WASH, protection, gender and PSEA) priorities and targets.
- Supervise MNCAH/HIV/AIDS and HSS team members by providing them with clear objectives, goals, direction, and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently, and maintain continuous integration and cross-sectorial work with other sections colleagues, to ensure synergy and reach better comprehensive results for children and women.
2. Programme development and planning
- Plan and provide technical support and guidance for the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis to establish a comprehensive and updated strategic plan for the development, design and management of health-related programmes. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery.
3. Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators, and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector in health programmes, with disaggregation by geographic, age, gender and disability for key indicators to enable documentation by inclusion.
4. Advisory services and technical support
- Collaborate and consult with key government officials, NGO partners, especially the GIBS (Groupe Inter-Bailleur pour la Santé), UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on policies, strategies, best practices, and approaches on health-related issues to support programme development planning, management, implementation, and delivery of results.
- Participate in strategic programme discussions and planning to provide technical advice and to contribute to policy discussions and agenda setting to promote health and development issues, especially in the areas of gender, emergency preparedness, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health, HIV- AIDS and child survival and development.
5. Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with health sector government counterparts, national stakeholders, as well as global partners, the GIBS (Groupe Inter-Bailleur pour la Santé), allies, donors, and academia. Through active networking, advocacy and effective communication, build capacity and exchange knowledge and expertise to facilitate the achievement of programme goals on child rights, social justice and equity.
6. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Lead, plan and implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of stakeholders to promote sustainable results on health-related programmes/projects.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online via the link mentioned below;
UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022 UNICEF Jobs In Democratic Republic of Congo 2022