|Job Title||Planning and Monitoring Specialist (Education) NOC|
|Job Location||Islamabad, Pakistan|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Alert WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Description UNICEF Jobs Islamabad 2022
Applications are being invited in UNICEF Jobs Islamabad 2022 and looking for candidates for the positions of Planning and Monitoring Specialist (Education), NOC, based In Islamabad. UNICEF supports the Government of Pakistan to accelerate the development of children, work to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and help children realize their rights under the Convention on the Rights of the Child. This will be done, inter alia, in strong co-operation with provincial authorities, teachers and health workers, senior staff and social activists, communities and families, and children and youth themselves.
In particular, UNICEF will work so that:
- Every child survives and thrives — being in good health, immunized, protected from polio and accessing nutritious food.
- Every child learns.
- Every child is protected from violence and exploitation and registered at birth.
- Every child lives in a safe and clean environment, with access to safe drinking water and adequate sanitation.
Under the guidance and general supervision of the Education Manager (Level 4), the PM Specialist supports the development and preparation of the Education programmes/projects, with a specific focus on Programme design, planning, monitoring and documentation including large donor-funded grants. The Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the monitoring and reporting of progress and results on education programmes/projects to improve learning outcomes and equitable and inclusive education, especially for children who are marginalized, disadvantaged and excluded in society.
Task Duties & Responsibilities
Support to programme development and planning
- Support the preparation, design and refinement of the curriculum analysis to ensure that current and complete data on educational issues are available to guide UNICEF strategic policy, advocacy, interventions and development efforts in education programs.
- Help the supervisor set priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans. Stay informed of development practices to improve system design, planning, monitoring and reporting to support project management, efficiency and delivery.
- Participate in discussions of curriculum planning strategies, focusing on construction, planning and monitoring. Create, design and prepare educational monitoring and evaluation frameworks, with a particular focus on provincial grants funded by the GPE for Education Sector Initiatives (ESPIGs), an EU-funded program. Ensure compliance with UNICEF Strategic Plans and the national plan and compliance with the UN Sustainable Development Country Framework (UNSDCF). , regional strategies and national priorities, programs and skills.
- Establish specific objectives, objectives, strategies and plans for the implementation of the sector using terms based on strategic outcome and methodology (RBM). Prepare the necessary documentation to review and approve the program.
- Collaboratively and collaboratively with our internal partners and partners, especially in supporting provincial offices, discussing strategies and strategies, and deciding on provincial priorities to ensure the achievement of tangible and sustainable outcomes.
- Provide technical and operational support at all stages of the planning process and ensure coordination, alignment of program/project plans with other UNICEF components and the achievement of outcomes as planned and shared.
Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Organize and collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring standards, performance indicators and other UNICEF / UN system indicators to assess/strengthen operational accountability, compliance and delivery of tangible and sustainable sector outcomes allocated to education programs, with provincial focus. ESPIG and EU-funded education programs.
- Support the design and participation of monitoring and evaluation activities, system reviews and annual reviews with governments and other partners to monitor progress and determine necessary steps/interventions to achieve results.
- Prepare and review monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths and weaknesses in system management.
- Identify lessons learned and use the knowledge gained to plan development and timely interventions to achieve goals.
- Actively monitor programs/projects by visiting sites and surveys, and sharing information with stakeholders to assess progress, identify potential problems and problems, and make timely decisions to resolve problems and/or refer them to the appropriate authorities for timely resolution.
- Monitor and ensure the full and effective use of industry plan resources (financial, administrative and others) that ensures compliance with organizational rules, regulations/procedures and commitment providers, accountability standards and integrity, ensuring timely reporting and termination of resources.
- Prepare regular and authorized program reports for managers, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to UNICEF Field Office education teams, government partners, NGO partners, UN program partners and country office partners and contributors to the interpretation, implementation and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, procedures and procedures for educational planning and monitoring and related matters to support program management, implementation and delivery.
- Arrange/coordinate the availability of technical experts with the Regional Office / HQ to ensure timely and appropriate support throughout the planning process.
- Participate in educational program meetings that include program development and emergency planning to provide technical and operational information, advice and support related to planning and monitoring.
- Draft policy papers, summaries and other strategic plan items for use by management.
Networking and partnership building
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant government partners, national and provincial stakeholders, international partners, donors, and academics through effective communication, effective advocacy and communication to build capacity, exchange of knowledge / expertise and strengthen partnerships to achieve sustainable and comprehensive results. in education programs.
- Facilitate communication and information resources to represent CO programs in order to promote awareness, establish relationships and fundraise funding for educational programs.
- Participate in and / or represent UNICEF in relevant agency discussions on education development, planning, monitoring and related issues to engage with colleagues / colleagues (including Home Education Teams, working groups, UNSDCF) in planning and organizing programs. / projects that ensure organizational position, interests and priorities are fully considered and integrated into the UNDAF framework for development planning and agenda setting.
Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Implement and introduce new and innovative ways to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and support the design, planning and monitoring of programs to ensure the implementation and delivery of tangible and sustainable program outcomes.
- Stay informed, research, evaluate, and apply best practices in education management. Explore, enter the institute and share best practices and knowledge learned.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of sustainable programs and projects.
- Plan and implement skills development programs to enhance client / stakeholder capacity, including Field Office teams, program monitoring and reporting, to promote sustainable outcomes in education and related programs / projects.
- Master’s or above in one of the following fields is required
- Education, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- Bachelors in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Five years of professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required
- Experience with education program design, planning, and monitoring is required
- Experience with education programme reporting is advantage
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or local languages is an asset.
- Post will be effective 1-Mar-2022.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Higher Education Commission (HEC) attested Degree(s) are a pre-requisite for employment at UNICEF.
- During the recruitment process candidates will be required to present HEC attested degrees/certificates.