Applications are invited for United Nations Internship Program In New York 2022. The Internship is in the Outreach Division of the Department of Global Communications. It is for a period of two months with an opportunity for an extension of up to six months, depending on the needs of the division and the availability of the candidate. The Outreach Division engages and educates people and their communities worldwide to encourage support for the ideals and activities of the United Nations.
The internship is unpaid and full-time.
- Interns work five days a week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the office to which they are assigned.
|Internship Details United Nations Internship Program In New York 2022|
|Hiring Organization||United Nation|
|Job Code Title||INTERN – PUBLIC INFORMATION|
|Duty Station:||NEW YORK|
|Posting Period:||27 April 2022 – 23 October 2022|
|Facebook Alert||Join Now|
Duties & Responsibilities
The intern will assist one of the United Nations outreach programmes. The selected intern may perform some of the following functions:
- Assisting with planning and organization of conferences and other outreach activities
- Providing logistic support for the organization of public events, guided tours and briefings
- Conducting internet research on thematic issues
- Coordinating with special guests and VIPs
- Overseeing RSVP lists and volunteers
- Providing general office support (processing, drafting and finalizing correspondence and other communications; setting up and maintaining files/records, organizing meetings, etc.)
- Developing web content and website maintenance
- Drafting, formatting, editing and posting original website content/news stories, including graphics, photographs and video
- Maintaining databases
- Assisting with the development and implementation of surveys
- Client orientation:
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme in journalism, communication, media studies, filmmaking, international relations or related field (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Your training, education, advanced course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the other is desirable.
- Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation date (when will you be graduating from the programme)
- IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- Top three areas of interest/department preferences
- Explain why you are the best candidate for that specific department(s).
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
- In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
- In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises.
- Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to Apply Online via The Link mentioned below;