On this page, we provide information regarding United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 This internship is offered in the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT) , in Doha. The intern will work under the supervision of a staff member to which they are assigned.
The United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism has five main functions: (a) provide leadership on the General Assembly counter-terrorism mandates entrusted to the Secretary-General from across the United Nations system; (b) enhance coordination and coherence across the 43 Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact (former CTITF) Task Force entities to ensure the balanced implementation of the four pillars of the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy; (c) strengthen the delivery of United Nations counter-terrorism capacity-building assistance to the Member States; (d) improve visibility, advocacy and resource mobilization for United Nations counter-terrorism efforts; and (e) ensure that due priority is given to counterterrorism across the United Nations system and that the important work on preventing violent extremism is firmly rooted in the Strategy.
The UNOCT Programme Office on Parliamentary Engagement in Preventing and Countering Terrorism is established in Doha with the purpose of implementing key initiatives under the Inter-Parliamentary Union Programme (IPU-UN) on the Role of Parliaments in Addressing Terrorism and Violent Extremism Conducive to Terrorism. The office operates through the following three functions: conducting research, analysis and normative work in support of counter-terrorism and prevention of violent extremism; providing technical assistance and provision of consultative services; and supporting to the effective functioning of the Global Parliamentary Network and the coordination platform for regional parliamentary assemblies on countering terrorism and preventing violent extremism. The programme fosters a “whole-of-society” approach and is implemented by the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism, in partnership with the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and in close cooperation with regional parliamentary organizations.
The UNOCT Programme Office / International Hub on Behavioural Insights to Counter Terrorism is also established in Doha; and performs the following three core functions: (1) conduct and advance research in behavioural sciences to better understand the drivers and factors contributing to radicalization leading to violent extremism and terrorism; (2) provide capacity-building assistance to the Member States and organizations to develop and implement programmes, projects and initiatives that integrate behavioural insights to counter-terrorism; and (3) promote communication, outreach and partnerships to share knowledge, expertise, experiences and lessons learned on behaviourally informed counter-terrorism interventions.
|Details Of United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022|
|Hiring Organization||United Nations Organizations|
|Job Location||Doha | Qatar|
|Join For Jobs Alert||Join Page |
Duties & Responsibilities
The intern is expected to work five days per week, full time from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. within the Office of Counter-Terrorism, carrying out his/her tasks under the supervision of a staff member – the supervisor.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the department to which he/she is assigned and the period during which he/she will undertake the internship. The intern is expected to perform various activities and will work in areas of programme management and policy matters related to counter-terrorism and prevention of violent extremism, including:
- Assist in drafting and preparing background documents, reports, issue briefs, talking points, articles, presentations etc.
- Attend and summarize conferences and meetings.
- Support the organization of meetings and conferences, and side events to strengthen strategic engagement with UN system partners.
- Assist in data collection and conduct research and provide analysis on relevant topics.
- Assist in maintaining databases.
- Support the review of key publications.
- Assist in preparing training and learning events and other capacity-building initiatives.
More generally, interns shall:
- Observe all applicable rules, regulations, instructions, procedures and directives of the Organization notwithstanding their status as described in section 4 of the UN Internship Programme Administrative Instructions ST/AI/2000/9 & ST/AI/2005/11;
- Provide the receiving departments/offices with a copy of all materials prepared by them during the internship. The UN shall be entitled to all property rights, including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trademarks, with regard to material which bears a direct relation to,
- Or is made in consequence of, the services provided under the internship. At the request of the UN, the interns shall assist in securing such property rights and transferring them to the UN in compliance with the requirements of the applicable law;
- Respect the impartiality and independence required of the UN and of the receiving department/office and shall not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to the UN;
- Unless otherwise authorized by the appropriate official in the receiving department/office, they may not communicate at any time to the media or to any institution, person, Government or any other external source any information which has become known to them by reason of their association with the UN or the receiving department/office, that they know or ought to have known has not been made public. They may not use any such information without the written authorization of the appropriate official, and such information may never be used for personal gain. These obligations also apply after the end of the internship with the UN; and
- Refrain from any conduct that would adversely reflect on the UN or on the receiving department/office and will not engage in any activity which is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the UN.
- Planning & Organizing:
- Continuous Learning:
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
2. Be experienced with standard software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
3. Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Your training, education, advanced course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required for this internship.
- Knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship. The intern will work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member of the Section. The internship is unpaid and full-time.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must also include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
- Graduation Date (When will you be/are graduating/have graduated from the programme?)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in
- List your top three areas of interest and please explain how your interests, skills and knowledge match either the strategic support or the analytics tracking.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we can ONLY contact successful candidates.
A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the United Nations. An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit as the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this instruction, “child” means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member’s spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). “Sibling” includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online via the link mentioned below
United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022 United Nations Internships In Qatar 2022