Description UNO External Relations Officer Latest Jobs In Geneva 2022
On this page, we provide information regarding the UNO External Relations Officer’s Latest Jobs In Geneva 2022 Created in December 1999, the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) is the designated focal point in the United Nations system for the coordination of efforts to reduce disasters and to ensure synergies among the disaster reduction activities of the United Nations and regional organizations and activities in both developed and less developed countries. Led by the United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction (SRSG), UNDRR has over 120 staff located in its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, and in regional offices. Specifically, UNDRR guides, monitors, analyses and reports on progress in the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, supports regional and national implementation of the Framework and catalyzes action and increases global awareness to reduce disaster risk working with the UN Member States and a broad range of partners and stakeholders, including civil society, the private sector, parliamentarians and the science and technology community.
The position is located in the UNDRR Headquarters in Geneva. The incumbent reports to the Chief of the External Relations Section.
|Job Details UNO External Relations Officer Latest Jobs In Geneva 2022|
|Job Title||EXTERNAL RELATIONS OFFICER|
|How To Apply||APPLY ONLINE|
|Posting Period:||06 April 2022 – 05 May 2022|
|Facebook Alert||Join Now|
Duties & Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Section, manages donor relationships, under his/her portfolio together with concerned officers/staff and ensures coordinated regular contact with donors; facilitates the promotion of cooperation agreement strategies and operational alliances with donors under his/her portfolio.
- Under the guidance of the Chief of Section, prepares funding proposals to donors as appropriate; ensures effective follow-up; and ensures timely and quality reporting to the donors, as required. Drafts, reviews and negotiates funding contracts/agreements.
- Contributes to the design, development, implementation and monitoring of the UNDRR Resource Mobilization Strategy and related plans of action; ensures ongoing analysis of resource mobilization needs and opportunities; stays abreast of latest donor and funding trends, actively engages with peers to solicit best practices in fundraising and resource mobilization and adapts modalities for replication to UNDRR as applicable.
- Works closely with Regional Offices to develop and use effective communications, outreach, branding and other resource mobilization mechanisms and tools to enhance the visibility of UNDRR with regard to existing and potential donors. Maintains particularly close collaboration with counterparts in the Communication and Advocacy Section.
- Reports to the Chief of Section on progress in implementing the Resource Mobilization Strategy at his/her level and on meeting the funding targets under his/her portfolio; promptly flags external and internal factors influencing results and proposes corrective actions.
- Upon request, represents UNDRR at inter-agency meetings, seminars, etc. on resource mobilization and related partnership initiatives/issues.
- Contributes to forward-looking strategic proposals on conceptual strategy development and implementation of the UNDRR Strategic Framework 2022-2025, biennial work programme, relevant policies and procedures from a donor perspective as well as substantive briefings for the Senior Leadership of UNDRR as appropriate.
- Planning and organizing:
- Client orientation:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, finance, law, development, international relations or a related area is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilization, partnerships building, management, administration, budget, finance or related field is required.
- Experience in contract negotiation is desirable.
- Experience in the field of disaster risk reduction is desirable.
- Experience in the United Nations or similar international organizations is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
- The initial appointment is for one year and an extension of the appointment is subject to an extension of the mandate and the availability of the funds.
- The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- At the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. The United Nations is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic background or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online at the UNO job portal via the link given below