Applications are invited for UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022 This position is located in the Division of Administration, Information and Communication Technology (ICTS) under the supervision of the Data & Reporting Team Lead.
UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022 UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022 UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022 UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022 UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022 UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022 UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022 UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022
|Details of UNO Information Systems Officer Jobs In Switzerland 2022|
|Hiring Organization||United Nations Organizations|
|Job Location||Geneva | Switzerland|
|Join For Jobs Alert||Join Page |
Duties & Responsibilities
Within limits of delegated authority and depending on location, the Information Systems Officer may be responsible for the following duties:
- Manages projects involving feasibility studies, data and systems analysis, design, development and implementation of new, moderately complex systems and Business Intelligence solutions, and/or, participates as a member of a development team with responsibility for major components of the more complex systems.
- Designs and builds data models/databases, data warehouses and tools to integrate and store data from several sources. Designs and implements ETL processes.
- Creates visualizations and reports for requested projects using different Business Intelligence and reporting tools.
- Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for major systems.
- Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users’ requirements and translating these into new applications; determines application systems integration and linkage issues.
- Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
- Develops and maintains computer programs and applications that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements; ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
- Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
- Develops training materials, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems.
- Develops disaster recovery plans and ensures appropriate planning and training of those responsible.
- The research analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
- Participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, etc.
- Handles all aspects of contract administration including the establishment of service level agreements with vendors and chargeback policy for users.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff, consultants, etc.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required.
- A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree) in the specified fields of studies in combination with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A certificate in Information Technology Infrastructure Libraries (ITIL) is desirable.
- A certificate in Project Management is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related areas is required.
- Experience with MS SQL, Oracle PL/SQL or MySQL, connecting to data sources, performing data transformations and designing and developing ETL processes is desirable.
- Experience in one or more visualization tools (i.e PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, etc) is desirable.
- Experience in PHP development, PowerApps development and data warehouse design is desirable.
- Experience with NoSql, non-relational and schema-less data models and unstructured data analysis is desirable.
- Client Orientation:
- English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
- This post is funded from extra-budgetary resources. The initial appointment is for a period of one year. Extension of the appointment is subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds. The position has a finite duration and will not exceed the overall project duration.
- The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- At the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. The United Nations is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic background or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
- Pursuant to section 7.11 of ST/AI/2012/2/Rev.1, candidates recruited through the young professional’s programme who have not served for a minimum of two years in the position of their initial assignment are not eligible to apply to this position.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online via the link mentioned below;