|Posting Title||Information Systems Officer [SAP Business Intelligence development], P3|
|Job Code Title||INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER|
|Department/Office||Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Enterprise Resource Planning Project|
|Duty Station||NEW YORK|
|Posting Period||24 January 2022 – 09 March 2022|
|Job Opening Number||22-Information Management Systems-DMSPC ERP-172585-R-New York (X)|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Description UNO Informations System Officer Jobs In New York | Apply Online
UNO Informations System Officer Jobs In New York | Apply Online. The position is located in the Business Intelligence, Solution Architecture 4 team of the ERP Solution Division (ERPSD), in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance (DMSPC) in New York. The Information Systems Officer will report to the Chief, Business Intelligence team.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, and cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes the productivity of the UN’s human, financial and material resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
The scope of the position includes technical work required for the implementation of the SAP software and related integration in order to develop and maintain Umoja’s Business Intelligence solution for the various scope of workstream functionality and processes of the Umoja ERP system, subsequent to the stabilization and improvements after UE2 deployment from 2020 onwards. Under the guidance of the Chief, Business Intelligence team, the Information Systems Officer (SAP Business Intelligence development) will be responsible for the following:
- ONGOING DEVELOPMENT OF UMOJA’S BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SOLUTION
A) In line with the structure and standards of SAP, and under the guidance of the Business Intelligence team, the Information Systems Officer [ISO] conducts a comprehensive analysis of the various business needs and operational issues that need to be addressed within Umoja’s ERP Business Intelligence Solution. This includes possible end-to-end cycle testing and GapFit analysis, as well as other enhancements.
B) ISO provides comprehensive technical analysis on pre-planning requirements, design, construction and configuration of road maps and in relation to the repairs and / or improvements that will be required before authorized process changes in relation to current or future processes and developments. .
C) Perform development activities using appropriate SAP software, system and tools [BOBJ, HANA, BW, BODS, SLT, etc.] as well as practical standards and procedures for SAP development and compliance or compliance required for the implementation of the Union ERP.
D) It serves as a focal point for Integration-related work to develop and sustain Umoja’s Business Intelligence solution. Working closely with ERP’s Delivery Management and related TP teams, ISO completes a detailed technical assessment of integration-related needs and design and development implications associated with Umoja’s Business Intelligence Solution.
Source data from all the functional areas need to be properly modeled and transformed across the solution for effective analysis and reporting.
- TESTING of DEVELOPMENT for ENHANCEMENTS or RESOLUTION FIXES
A) It serves as the focal point for all stages and components of Umoja’s BI solution evaluation, including scenarios and writing, Unit Evaluation, Functional Acceptance Assessment, Product Integration Assessment and User Verification Assessment.
B) Provides guidance and ensures effective communication support for all process specialists working on the above.
C) In collaboration with all other Umoja Project teams, it supports the successful and timely implementation of the appropriate implementation of SAP [OSS Notes, Support and Development Packages, upgrades, etc.] to ensure compliance with the solution structure of integration streams, related management. testing, which includes communication with SAP as needed to find a solution.
- PRODUCTION support Tier 3
Along with the rest of the BI team, the ISO provides analysis for the tickets created by users which are escalated to T3 and implements the related fixes or coding implementation as required.
- TECHNICAL and USER DOCUMENTATION
Assures the production and archiving of relevant technical documentation for developments, enhancements, workflow modifications, fixes and coding implementation, architectural and integration resolutions of Umoja’s BI Solution.
- Planning and Organizing
- Technological Awareness
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in information systems, engineering or related fields is required. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the end-to-end implementation of an ERP Business Intelligence solution in SAP, including planning, design, build development, configuration, deployment and production support maintenance is required.
- Experience in Business Intelligence for the main functional areas of an ERP implementation, particularly SAP’s Finance workstream processes [Grants and Funds management, financial planning, reporting], Supply Chain Management processes [procurement, transportation, demand], HCM and PY is required.
- Experience in Advanced SAP Programming of relevance to BI is required, including configuration, modeling and coding in SAP, as well as advanced development experience with ABAP, SAP Business Objects, BODS, SLT, HANA, SQL.
- Experience on the above within implementation of SAP in the Public Sector is desirable.
- Experience with design, development, deployment and ongoing delivery of ERP and business intelligence system is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.