Description UNO Jobs In ABYEI 2022 | Apply Online
Applications are invited in UNO Jobs In ABYEI 2022 | Apply Online This position is located in the Office of the Chief of Mission Support of the United Nations Interim Security Force for Abyei (UNISFA), duty station Abyei.
The Data Analyst reports directly to the Chief of Mission Support.
|Job Details UNO Jobs In ABYEI 2022 | Apply Online|
|Job Code Title:||DATA ANALYST|
|Posting Period:||18 April 2022 – 02 May 2022|
|Facebook Alert||Join Now|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Within delegated authority, the Data Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
- Locate and define new data analysis process improvement opportunities
- Identify appropriate data sources for analytics projects
- Collaborate with data engineers and data scientists to improve data flows, data quality, etc.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns, using basic machine learning techniques, statistical methods to identify relevant features and variables in structured and unstructured sources of information and data
- Develop and implement various analysis, reporting and quality control capabilities
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, data science, analytics, statistics, information management, public administration, the management or a related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in applied analytics, process re-engineering, continuous process improvement, business intelligence, information management, statistics, project management, stakeholder management or related area is required.
- Experience in using data to inform decisions, strategies and execution is required.
- Experience with self-service analytics and data visualization applications (MS PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau or similar), or business intelligence tools (SAP Business Objects, etc.) is required.
- Experience in tools managing version control such as Git is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English, (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
- This position is temporarily available for a period of 364 days. If the selected candidate is a staff member from the United Nations Secretariat, the selection will be administered as a temporary assignment.
- While this temporary assignment may provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to gain new work experience, the selection for this position is for a limited period and has no bearing on the future incumbency of the post.
- Subject to the funding source of the position, the eligibility for this temporary job opening may be limited to candidates based at the duty station.
- This temporary job opening may be limited to “internal candidates,” who have been recruited through a competitive examination administered according to staff rule 4.16 or staff selection process including the review of a central review body established according to staff rule 4.15.
- Staff members of the United Nations common system organizations who will reach the mandatory age of separation or retirement within the duration of the current temporary need period are not eligible to apply. Submitting an application or selection for the current temporary job opening does not delay or increase the mandatory age of separation.
- Retirees above the mandatory age of separation who wish to be considered for the current temporary job opening must indicate the reason for their last separation as “retirement.” Such retirees shall not be employed by the Organization, unless (a) the operational requirements of the Organization cannot be met by staff members who are qualified and available to perform the required functions; and (b) the proposed employment would not adversely affect the career development or redeployment opportunities of other staff members and represents both a cost-effective and operationally sound solution to meet the needs of the service.
- Pursuant to section 7.11 of ST/AI/2012/2/Rev.1, candidates recruited through the young professional’s programme who have not served for a minimum of two years in the position of their initial assignment are not eligible to apply to this position.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online at the UNO JOB PORTAL; https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=179459&Lang=en-US