Description UNOPS Project Management Support Jobs In Pakistan 2021
United Nations Office Of Project Service UNOPS is looking for candidates for the position of Project Management Support based in Karachi, Sindh & Peshawar KPK
Backgroud for Job Specific
The WASH KP and Sindh project
- Funded by USAID, the project “Improved Access to Water and Sanitation Services in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh” was initiated in September 2021. The project aims at improving access to clean and safe water, hygiene and sanitation and increasing the resilience of communities affected by floods in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces. It is expected to last 5 years, until December 2026. The project is articulated around three main components:
- Improve quality and reach of water supply services and increase access to community and household sanitation (Infrastructure);
- Provide more effective, gender-responsive and transparent WASH services through enhanced capacity of government and communities (Capacity Building);
- Reduce waterborne diseases and improve the resilience of communities through improved community and household hygiene practices (Behavioral Change).
- The project will start with a participatory needs assessment phase in coordination with all its stakeholders in view of identifying priorities and precising the specific outputs under each of the three components of the project.
- Among the first positions to be hired, two Project Management Support Associates, one based in Peshawar and one based in Karachi, will be core members of the new project team and support services, team
|Hiring Organization||United Nations Office Of Project Service UNOPS|
|Job Title||Project Management Support|
|Job Location||Karachi & Peshawar|
|Experience||02 – Years of Experience|
|Job Type||fULL tIME|
|Job Alert WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader (the Water Engineer, the Monitoring & Evaluation Senior Officer, or the Capacity Building Senior Officer) and/or the (Deputy) Project Manager, the Project Management Support Associate ensures the smooth and diligent management of the administrative, HR and financial activities of the project team.
- The Project Management Support Associate is an essential link between the project team and the Country Office Support Services, with whom s/he collaborates closely on a daily basis and from whom s/he seeks guidance and/or support whenever necessary.
- The Project Management Support Associate moreover ensures that all policies, procedures and guidelines related to Administration, HR and Finance are followed, and becomes a reference person within the project team, guiding teammates on the best way to achieve their objectives within the work frame of those policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Finance or equivalent.
- A Master Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human resources Management, Finance or equivalent is an asset.
- 02 years of experience in the relevant area of the field
- Full professional knowledge of English is essential.
- Fluency in Urdu and one or more Pakistan regional languages (in particular Pashto or Sindhi) is an advantage.