Applications are invited to World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 WFP currently seeking to fill a Tech & Data Management Intern position in our Individual Giving Unit of the Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PPF), based in Rome, Italy.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency working to create a world with zero hunger.
As a leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and works with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP believes that individual and collective wellbeing can only be achieved if all children, women and men get the nutritious food they need to lead healthy, dignified lives. Each year, WFP assists 86.7 million people in 83 countries. Every day, some 5,600 WFP-chartered trucks are on the road, 92 planes are in the air and 20 ships are at sea. These numbers speak to WFP’s unparalleled reputation as an emergency responder, one that is often the first on the scene in the most difficult environments. WFP also works with partners to strengthen the resilience of communities most vulnerable to hunger and malnutrition through long-term development programmes aimed at boosting food security, local economies, education, employment and gender equality. While hunger and malnutrition are the world’s largest solvable issues, the needs are still immense and growing. 821 million people in the world suffer from chronic hunger.
Internship Brief Description
The Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division (PPF) is responsible for engaging the private sector (corporations, individuals, foundations) through high-impact partnerships in support of WFP’s strategic priorities, and through individual giving to build and retain support from the general public worldwide. PPF has embarked on an exceptionally ambitious new strategy 2020-2025 to raise an additional one billion dollars for hungry or malnourished people and to expand the contribution to WFP from the business sector through effective and sustainable long-term partnerships as well as from private individual supporters around the world. This includes securing new high impact technical partnerships, signing significant new corporate deals and growing existing relationships as well as building a base of one million individual supporters. Our strategy and ambition are based on need. WFP was reaching more than 90 million people in 83 countries and we now know that we will be called on to reach many millions more as a result of the pandemic.
- In the first year of the new growth strategy, the IG team recruited 200k new supporters (both regular monthly givers and single givers), from over 190 countries primarily through digital advertising (Facebook and Search). Annual income has grown from $3m in FY19 to $24m in FY21 with growth ambitions going far beyond this.
- Our focus is a digital-first strategy, working through a centralized global team recruiting supporters primarily through digital channels and building an outstanding supporter experience through a multi-channel loyalty programme that delivers a best-in-class donor experience.
|Details Of World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022
|World Food Programme WFP
|WFP HQ Rome
|Currently enrolled with at least two years of undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated
|The maximum US $1000 per month
|Join For Jobs Alert
- Currently enrolled with at least two years of undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months) in IT, Computer Science, mathematics, physics or other science or numerate discipline;
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Proven experience to conceptualize, manage and monitor processes;
- Good understanding of global issues and an ability to translate an Organisation’s mission.
Required soft skills:
- Good attention to detail and strong communication skills;
- Ability to plan and organize work with reasonable supervision;
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems and seek solutions;
- Work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and international organization;
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals (people-oriented);
- Motivated team spirit and contributed to an inclusive and sound working environment (team player).
- Excellent command of English (proficiency/level C);
- Working knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Tech Project Manager the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Support with organising documents:
- Proper organisation structure in Sharepoint
- Take benchmark of current document structure in Sharepoint
- Interview stakeholders to ensure its set up correctly
- Update the directory and/or structure to ensure its aligned with processes and functions
- Ensure correct data/folder association
- Organise the report structure in Salesforce to align with Sharepoint
- Take a benchmark of where reports are being saved and the existing structure
- Ensure the team is saving/organising to the correct structure in conjunction with Sharepoint
- Learn and improve Asana and its function to better capture project timelines and boards through checking with stakeholders and updating tasks
- Check easier front-end related issues and follow up with support
- Review operational reports in Salesforce to ensure data is aligned for attribution
- Review export/import scripts/reports and ensure the data is correct and aligned
- Perform regular data integrity audits and notify the team of errors and issues
Support of migration from easier to GoDonate:
- Support the meta-data dump from easier and ensure the data is aligned
- Support the Acquisition front end lead (James) in ensuring alignment between meta and campaign setup
- Data mapping: Map the existing data in Salesforce and the proposed data model for migration ensuring the correct data falls into the correct location
- Support UAT for Marketing Cloud campaigns
- Support UAT for Salesforce use cases and advancements to workflows and processes
- Support UAT for GoDonate use cases
Team support and administration:
- Support in an organisation and minuting of internal and external meetings
- Support with other assigned processes and tasks as agreed with the line manager
- Support in documenting changes to systems or processes including but not limited to Asana, Salesforce
- Supervision (Level/Methods of Supervision)
- Under the direct supervision of the Technical Team Project Manager, the incumbent will be provided with close mentoring, guidance and technical supervision. Performance planning and reviews as well as learning and development discussions will be an elemental part of the supervision. The Tech Lead will be the second-level supervisor. With the support of a comprehensive induction package and the assignment of a buddy/mentor, the intern will rapidly become a productive member of the team.
- Training components
Throughout their assignment, WFP interns have access to an industry-leading learning platform, we learn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
- Learning Elements
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should:
- Have a greater understanding of the World Food Programme’s work and its role within the wider humanitarian system;
- Gain knowledge on how to prospect private sector actors with sound strategies and tactics;
- Develop advanced skills in market research and prospect profiling to scope for new partners.
- Information on the Country of Assignment: living conditions in Rome, Italy
The security situation in Italy remains in line with other European Countries. There are no specific threats against the UN in Italy. Considering the ongoing defeat of Daesh in the war territories, the trend in the short and mid-term will most likely continue to see the return of the militants to the countries of origin, including Italy. Insurrectional anarchism remains sufficiently organized in the Italian territory, as it has been present for many years. This movement could target the UN in the context of its anti-capitalism/anti-western narrative. 2) Whilst UN staff continue to be victims of minor crimes such as street robbery and apartment break-ins, the infrequency of attacks and random nature of locations do not indicate that UN staff are at an elevated risk in comparison to residents or tourists in Italy. 3) Italy’s national territory is exposed to a broader range of natural hazards than any other European country. The vulnerability of its population and built environment is often severe and has in some cases been exacerbated by human activities.
Terms & Conditions
Short-listed candidates can be subject to written assessment.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the Organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme.
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel tickets for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, and any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online via the link mentioned below;
World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022 World Food Programme WFP HQ Rome Paid Internship Program 2022