Description World Health Organization WHO Latest Jobs 2022
On this page, we provide information regarding World Health Organization WHO Latest Jobs 2022 This position is based on multiple locations across Globe 2022.
Objectives Of The Programme
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and emergencies.
Duties & Responsibilities For World Health Organization WHO Latest Jobs 2022
During deployment, the duty station may change, and duties may be modified, based on the technical needs of the Programme.
- Develop a flexible and innovative resource mobilization strategy to ensure sustainable financing for core positions and emergency activities. In coordination with relevant technical officers, write the “Donor brief and funding request” and other WHO and UN appeal documents; to be used as an advocacy and fundraising tool.
- Identify and partner with main humanitarian donors to the countries/emergency (in consultation with HQ and Regional Office resource mobilization teams). Represent WHO at donor coordination meetings; proactively contribute to negotiations for rapid donor agreements.
- Research the interests and application requirements of the main donors and other sources of funding for the emergency.
- Oversee the overall activities related to mobilization of resources, grants management, funding needs and gaps and the awards process in close collaboration with the Grant Management Officer. Maintain project calendars and milestones; analyse information on project activities and monitor progress towards targets using various project management databases.
- Liaise with HQ and Regional Office to secure the required clearance, including legal and financial clearances for proposals and donor agreements before signature. Provide technical support to the respective staff with the recalibration of inputs, and outputs; ensure that timely donor approval is requested for project amendments.
- Manage multiple projects throughout the project life cycle; monitor implementation rates and reporting deadlines and ensure activities and expenditures are aligned with the terms and conditions set out in individual donor agreements; work closely with procurement, logistic, HR and technical staff to monitor the overall implementation of emergency projects.
- Liaise with the local representatives of OCHA or other coordination agencies in the country to ensure that WHO participates in system-wide resource mobilization activities organized by OCHA and that it effectively engages with CERF and Country-Based Pooled Funds staff at the country level to secure funding from those sources.
- In coordination with the Communication and Advocacy Officer, effectively utilize the communication products to inform donors about both Health Sector and WHO’s strategies and work to encourage them to fund the overall health sector response to affected populations and WHO’s strategic plans and proposals.
- Perform any other emergency-specific related duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
|Available Vacant Position For World Health Organization WHO Latest Jobs 2022|
- Resource Mobilization Officer
|Job Details World Health Organization WHO Latest Jobs 2022|
|Hiring Organization||World Health Organization WHO|
|Job Location||Multiple Locations|
|Education||Masters or above|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Eligibility Criteria For World Health Organization WHO Latest Jobs 2022
Essential: Advanced university degree (Masters level or above) in social sciences, international relations, political sciences, communications, marketing, management, economics accounting, financial management, business or public administration from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable: Specific studies on resource mobilization, communication, and studies on the development and/or humanitarian work. Training in donor intelligence, proposal writing, and general project management.
Essential: At least seven years’ related experience, at the national and international level, in resource mobilization and external relations and grants management. Documented achievements in fundraising activities, part of which supporting humanitarian emergency or health outbreak response and recovery activities.
Proven experience in writing resource mobilization proposals, donor reports and related documents.
Desirable: Prior working experience with WHO/UN, health cluster partners or with an international nongovernmental or recognized humanitarian organization.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Strong interpersonal, representational and organizational skills, with a proven ability to facilitate and strengthen the involvement and collaboration of a broad range of internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated success in resource mobilization complemented by the ability to conceptualize ideas and promote consensus.
- Integrity, tack and discretion.
- Ability to work and achieve goals under pressure.
- Sound understanding of the impact of emergencies and crises on social and economic development, and their burden on populations.
- Ability to “think out of the box” and to make innovative proposals as related to mobilization of resources.
- Good knowledge of WHO mandate and goals in the emergency incident management context is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences;
- Efficient use of resources;
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment.
Required Languages For World Health Organization WHO Latest Jobs 2022
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of another WHO official language specifically Russian would be an asset.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United NationsEducational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to putting the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero-tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report toWHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post withWHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
How To Apply
- Interested eligible candidates are advised to apply online across the globe.