|Posting Title:||PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER, P4|
|Job Code Title:||PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER|
|Department/Office:||Office of Counter-Terrorism|
|Duty Station:||NEW YORK|
|Posting Period:||12 January 2022 – 25 February 2022|
|Job Opening Number:||22-Programme Management-UNOCT-170808-R-New York (X)|
|Join Facebook Page||Click Here|
Job Description UN Programme Management Officer Jobs New York 2022
This position is UN Programme Management Officer Jobs New York 2022 is located in the Special Projects Section of the Special Projects and Innovation Branch of the Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT), in New York. The Programme Officer reports to the Chief of Section.
The Office for the Elimination of Terrorism has five key functions: (a) to provide leadership to the General Assembly for the counter-terrorism mandate granted to the Secretary-General from the United Nations system; (b) to promote co-operation and co-operation across the 43 Global Counter-Terrorism Coordination Compact (formerly CTITF) Task Force to ensure the equitable implementation of the four pillars of the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy; (c) to strengthen the delivery of United Nations anti-terrorism assistance to the Member States; (d) to enhance the visibility, representation and coordination of the United Nations counter-terrorism efforts; and (e) ensure that appropriate prioritization is given to the fight against terrorism throughout the United Nations system and that the critical task of preventing violent extremism is firmly rooted in the State.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and evaluates law enforcement programs and projects .; and builds important team work and outcomes related to counter-terrorism and the prevention of violent extremism.
- Monitors and evaluates project planning / development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies issues and issues to be addressed and initiates remedial action; liaising with relevant organizations; ensures tracking actions.
- Performs consultative assignments, in partnership with the client, organizes workshops, sometimes interviews and assists in developing a client application that will use to manage change.
- Researchs, analyzes and presents information collected from a variety of sources.
- Coordinates policy development, which includes review and analysis of issues and styles, evaluation adjustments or other research activities and courses, as they relate to the development of strategic ideas and the management of implementation of law enforcement programs, policies and anti-terrorism programs.
- Produces research programs; designing data collection tools; revise, analyze and interpret answers, identify problems / problems and correct conclusions.
- Edits and edits written results, e.g. background pages, analysis, report and study sections, publication inputs, etc.
- Provides major setbacks for discussions and other meetings, conferences, etc., submission of proposed agenda topics, stakeholder identification, editing of texts and presentations, etc.
- It initiates and directs access activities; conducts workshops, seminars, etc .; made presentations on law enforcement, terrorist prevention, border control and technical powers related to Member States.
- Leads and / or participates in major, complex operations, investigative, prosecuting and judicial matters, including the provision of guidelines to external coordinators, government officials and other organizations, and the writing of technical instruments, etc.
- It co-ordinates activities related to budget support (plan / program preparation and presentation, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and prepares related documents / reports (promises, action plan, program budget, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required.
- Team Work
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience in the development, planning, monitoring, and reporting of capacity building and technical assistance programmes on counter-terrorism, law enforcement, and crime prevention is required.
- Experience in inter-governmental engagement is desirable.
- Experience in drafting analytical papers on sensitive management and high-profile matters is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in English (written and oral) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- This post is funded for a finite period of one year. Extension of the appointment is subject to Extension of the mandate and/or the availability of the funds.
- Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.