Applications are invited to UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022 The project intends to hire the services of a project engineer for the supervision of civil works to be undertaken under the GLOF-II project. The Project Engineer will be responsible for monitoring and quality assurance of the ongoing works being/to be undertaken by provincial line departments through hired contractors at project intervention areas in valleys of the GLOF-II project. The Project Engineer will also be engaged to supervise and vet the development of designs, BoQs, drawings and specifications according to UNDP Rules and Regulations and to monitor and supervise the civil works activities to be implemented by departments. The Project Engineer will provide timely feedback on civil work activities and will assist the project in quality assurance and timely completion of the work.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Engineer will work under the overall guidance of the National Project Manager and M&E Officer. S/He will report to National Project Manager and M&E Officer and will work in close collaboration with project teams and provincial responsible partners.
- Preparation of Supervision Designs/BoQs prepared by departments for civil works; and preparing sign-off reports for submission to Project Management Unit and National Project Manager.
- Monitoring of ongoing works and quality assurance of completed civil works related to small-scale infrastructure, repair/rehabilitation of irrigation schemes, slope stabilization through bio-engineering measures, CBDRMC centres and Safe Havens, and sharing of progress on project templates.
- Ensure completion of ESMP checklists by the relevant line departments and submission to provincial coordinators and the Project Management Unit.
- Conduct field visits to provide technical inputs to selected construction firms and line departments to ensure quality and timely delivery according to approved specifications and as per best engineering practices.
- Ensure implementation of applicable schedule rates with supporting evidence (MRS, applicable CSR, etc.).
- Facilitate coordination between the Project Management Unit, provincial M&E team and relevant line departments for smooth implementation of the construction work project.
- Identify construction risks and monitoring mitigation measures and ensure these are reported in the construction risk matrix for the project.
- Recommend course corrections for quality of work to be completed within the agreed time.
- Provide support in effective project management, including progress monitoring and reporting, technical inspections, documentation of design changes and variations in drawings; and BOQs for approvals in accordance with government rates and open market rates.
- Ensure that ‘Material Source Qualification Approval Tests’, non-destruction testing and other relevant quality control measures are done by contractors.
- Ensure signing off of all IPCs with prior discussion and approval of NPM.
- Draft completion report of the civil works on project template and submit to Project Management Unit.
- Ensure that DRR and ESMP concerns are addressed while undertaking rehabilitating works.
- Develop and properly maintain and log change orders during construction with prior approval of the Project Management Unit and National Project Manager.
- Maintain photos of sites at various levels of execution, i.e. before the work starts, during the execution of work, and after the work is completed.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the project team.
|Details Of UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022
|Islamabad, Chitral, Peshawar, Skardu, Gilgit
|Join For Jobs Alert
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering/Architecture or
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 additional qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience preferably with international and/or public sector organization
Required Skills & Expertise
- Must have sound knowledge of project management
- Monitoring and quality assurance
- Good problem-solving skills: ability to apply good judgment in risk mitigation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD, Sketchup etc.
- Well-versed with Gantt charts, MS-Project and PMIS
- Competency in computer use and in reporting skills
- Experience in monitoring and supervision of construction works in Northern Pakistan will be an advantage
- Coordination with multiple stakeholders is desirable
- Ability to work on time-sensitive projects with tight deadlines is desirable
- English, Urdu and local language would be desirable
- Relevant professional certifications would be an advantage
- Extensive Travel to be carried out to the implementation sites in GLOF-II project valleys in GB and KP
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online via the link mentioned below;
UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022 UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022 UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022 UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022 UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022 UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022 UNDP Jobs 2022| United Nations Development Program Pakistan Jobs 2022