Description UNICEF Jobs In Panama 2022
Applications are invited for UNICEF Jobs In Panama 2022 and seeking candidates for the position of Individual Contractor based in Panama City, Panama
UNICEF promotes the rights and welfare of all children and adolescents in everything we do. Together with our allies, we work in 190 countries and territories to transform this commitment into practical actions that benefit all children, especially focusing our efforts on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded, worldwide.
The UNICEF Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office are based in Panama, operating in 36 territories, including 24 country offices.
|Job Details UNICEF Jobs In Panama 2022|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
|How To Apply||Apply Online|
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Human Sciences or related fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience providing technical assistance to international agencies and/or governments in the LAC Region. A good understanding of inclusive development with a focus on inter-sectorial approaches to children and adolescents’ health, education and social protection is required.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of French or Portuguese will be considered an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Strengthen the capacity of the National Offices to implement inclusive programming and practices.
- Provide continued support to country offices in Panama, Perú, Paraguay, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay to strengthen inclusive approaches in health, education, and social protection
- Manage and facilitate documentation, dissemination, and exchange of good practices amongst COs and regional disability partners.
- Facilitate the identification of local partners, support the development of alliances and coordinate the training of front liners and counterparts on disability inclusion.
- Provide support and advice to the implementation of DIPAS in the region, by facilitating collaboration and mutual learning amongst UNICEF COs and disability partners.
- Provide advice and recommendations for family outreach and participation of children with disabilities. Advice on the implementation of communication in accessible formats, and reasonable accommodations for disability inclusion.
- Systematize mainstreaming processes in the region and compile information that makes this type of inclusive practice visible.
2. Regional campaign “Part of the Solution”
- Follow up the implementation of MoUs with regional disability networks and continue identification of possible UNICEF partners. Ensure regular collaboration and participation of adults and children with disabilities in consultations, campaigns, and programs.
- In coordination with the Inclusion Advisory Team, continue developing activities and training to introduce and disseminate collaborative, intersectional, and inclusive practices.
- Continue mapping and identifying disability organizations, individuals, and resources on the ground that can contribute to UNICEF’s main strategies and country programs.
3. Collect data, promote awareness, and facilitate advocacy on reducing stigma and discrimination
- Follow up on the results of the recent report on bullying and discrimination of children with disabilities, by disseminating findings and advocating awareness amongst COs
- Continue managing information and possible entry points for interventions to reduce stigma and violence against children and adolescents with disabilities in LACRO.
- In coordination with COs assist the creation of advocacy groups on the ground led by children and adolescents’ advocates and support the implementation of awareness and empowerment initiatives against stigma and discrimination.
- Produce at least 8 communication products on disability inclusion in the region to be used for the landing page, education newsletters, and HQ reports.
- Continue systematization of processes and support provided to National Offices on an ongoing basis for their capacity development and prepare a report
- Organize 2 regional events with partners (DPOs and UN agencies) within the Part of the Solution regional initiative
- Professional knowledge and expertise in implementing integrated policies and programs that are inclusive of children and adolescents with disabilities. Extensive knowledge of UNICEF work in the LAC region in the areas of disability rights and cross-sectorial approaches to ECD, education, health and social protection.
- Supervision: the individual contractor will work under the direct supervision of the Education Manager and in close collaboration with the Education and ECD team.
- Workplace: This is a home-based remote consultancy. The contractor will need to provide his own equipment, tools and resources for this consultancy.
- Duration: This is a full-time consultancy for 11.5 months, and is expected to start on 1 June 2022.
How to Apply
The application should be submitted online and should include:
Resume, Cover Letter and Financial proposal. Qualified candidates are requested to submit daily and monthly fees in their financial proposal.