|Hiring Organization||World Food Programme|
|Job Title||Communication Officer|
|Job Location||Islamabad, Pakistan|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Job Alert WhatsApp Group||Click Here|
|Facebook Alert||Join Page|
Description World Food Programme (WFP) Latest Jobs In Pakistan 2022
This job is based in Country Office, Islamabad World Food Programme (WFP) Latest Jobs In Pakistan 2022. The job holder will report to the head of Partnerships, Communication and Reporting or the designate. The job holder will operate with a high degree of independence, guide more junior staff to ensure effective services.
- Communications Officer
To implement the communications plan by supporting and delivering a range of communications activities, providing research and analysis, and prioritising effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement land-based communication systems designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and integrity of WFP, as well as to support fundraising activities, to ensure compliance with all communication strategies and WFP.
- Contribute to communication through good research, analytical analysis and timely preparation and dissemination of information products to targeted people (s).
- Maintain a contact list for journalists and media outlets and support the flow of information / information about WFP work in the media, to support normal and appropriate communication.
- Support a social media platform by creating social media content, and using forums, networks and partners to improve the inclusion and support of WFP activities.
- Produce visually exclusive donor content including text, images, videos and audio for use in a variety of integrated online forums, to support global and national fundraising activities, to ensure compliance with corporate messages.
- Monitor and analyze traditional and social media sources to inform the development and / or evaluation of communication activities and strategies.
- Guide and direct additional young staff, serving as a referral center and support them with complex analysis and questions.
- Integrating contact information contributes to the preparation of accurate and timely reports, Supports communication activities that facilitate informed decisions and ensures the consistency of information presented to the media and other stakeholders.
- To support the capacity building of WFP staff in all aspects of communication, it provides advice and guidance within the environment and the level of technology, to ensure that all activities meet the desired standards of consistency, quality and impact. An example is the design and review of training materials.
- Connect and collaborate with WFP staff and external partners to support interdisciplinary and interactive communication within WFP.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness procedures to support WFP to respond quickly and deliver the necessary food and resources to the affected areas at the beginning of the disaster.
- More as needed.
Eligibility Criteria For Communications Officer
- Advanced University degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications or another relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in English language